Reciprocating Grate Boilers
The most proven and reliable combustion system for burning a wide range of Biomass fuels.
Features of our Reciprocating Grate
- Wide fuel flexibility.
- Insensitive to fuel size.
- Simpler fuel preparation.
- Robust construction with minimum maintenance, resulting in longer life and reliable operation.
- High alloy steel air-cooled grate bars.
- Simple and rapid installation.
- Simple control.
- Efficient combustion due to better air distribution.
- Low NOx emission through the use of high pressure secondary / over fire air injection.
- Efficient fuel feed system using hydraulically operated feed piston and divergent hoppers.
- Staircase structured air cooled Reciprocating Grate, consists of a series of fixed and moving grate bars arranged in stepped sections from fuel inlet to the bottom discharge section.
- Hydraulically driven moving rows of grate bars with variable length & number of strokes.
- Zoned partition walls below the grate for separation of different primary air zones.
- As the fuel moves from the inlet to the discharge it passes through distinct drying, volatilization, combustion and burn-out zones.
- Ash conveying system at the end of the grate for ash discharge.
Schematic drawing of Reciprocating Grate Boiler